Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ergonomic foot pedal article

I found this article about Philips coming out with an ergonomic foot pedal, something which I must say excites me. I love new gadgets. The only problem I can find is that there is no date on the article except that it says 1/22 which could I guess be 1/22/2000 or 1/22/2008, who knows, but it's still new to me since I just found it.

The article says about the foot pedal: Philips' new foot control range is the culmination of detailed research into the movements made during transcription. Many transcriptionists spend a whole working day listening and typing, while constantly starting and stopping a recorded dictation using the foot pedals. When Philips looked into the requirements of the end user and the possibilities for reducing physical strain, the single most important requirement that emerged was for a slim foot control. As a result, the new foot controls now incline gently from the centre, enabling the user to switch easily and smoothly between the various functions.

Dang, I want this foot pedal.

I did look up the foot pedal, called the Royal Philips ergonomic foot control, and the press release was from 1/22/2008 so it is a new thing, at least I'm not that far behind the times. There are three similar foot pedals you can buy here ranging from $69-99 (they are the last three foot pedals at the bottom of the page). Not too shabby for comfortable feet.

Article here

No comments: