Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Are you ever amazed by your own smarts?

Wow, just looked and it's been nearly a month since I've blogged on here. I'm so, so sorry. It's sort of hard to find topics relevant to MT that are interesting enough to write about, so I go gangbusters for a while and then I slow down. Guess I'm turning out to be a sort of wave-typist (as in I blog in waves). Sorry to anyone who checks back for updates and there aren't any.


Anyway, I'm sitting here working and it hit me, I'm really smart. LOL. Well maybe I'm not really super smart, but I sometimes amaze myself. I bet if you think about it, you'd amaze yourself too. So anyway, my smart moment came twice today when I was typing along and came to a word I had never heard of. I listened and then typed it out how I thought it sounded. Then I ran over to Google and googled it. Low and behold I had spelled this completely long and unknown word correctly. How the heck did that happen? It's because I'm so damn smart!

See, ever had one of those smart moments? I had another that was just like it but with a physician name. I spelled out some gibberish physician last name who was from another hospital and when I went to investigate it I found I had spelled it correctly. Somebody please pat me on the back so I don't have to reach around that far!!!
Okay, maybe I'm just easy to please, but shouldn't we all have our I'm-completely-fabulous moments throughout the day? We sometimes can't get others to give them to us so we have to search and be happy with what we do for ourselves. I know dang well my husband wouldn't understand why I was so pleased with myself for having spelled a couple of dumb things correctly, so I'm hoping all my fellow MTs out there in la la land will get it. Besides that, I want to inspire others to find little things to get thrilled about themselves about. Trust me, it's fun!

Can't think of one for yourself, how about when you type an entire report and spell check and have no errors. OMG!!! Doesn't that feel sooooo good?!? Please tell me I'm not alone in this little thrill.

Alright, I'm gonna quit showing my goober side. Back to work for me.

No comments: