Monday, July 21, 2008

Had a fun weekend


Oh sheesh, I posted last week about doubling my efforts to post daily and I guess I lied because I haven't posted since July 16. Sorry all.

My husband's family reunion was this weekend up in a little itty bitty town (not even a town, used to be tho) called Bear, Idaho. In case anyone is from this area it's about 30 miles out of Council, Idaho. You can Google it but probably wont find anything other than maybe a few scattered pictures here and there. There used to be a lot of mining and timber stuff that went on there, but like many previously bustling areas once those went away so did most of the people. The old school house is still there and is taken care of faithfully. Mark's (my husband) grandparents and one aunt and uncle still live there and have pretty much their entire lives. It's a peaceful and beautiful place in the mountains and I love going.

Anyway, this is where Mark's family reunion is every year. It's not really a family reunion, more like a community reunion. Mark's grandmother was the last school teacher at the school house and so people still come to visit who went to school there. It's great, but I'm not sure how much longer it will last. It used to be a fun time with a dance and everyone was happy and carefree, but like most things politics and bickering and backstabbing has started to take place and it's just sad. The younger generation and new comers to the area (most who live there now only do so part time, a lot of cabin-ites, not many residents) are starting to feel like they should run things and they're just sort of ruining what was perfectly fine in the first place and didn't need messed with.

Okay, I've bitched enough, sorry about that. We had a great time and it's always wonderful to get away, but it's always so good to get back too, especially so I can get a shower. I love to camp, but it's such a dirty thing. Anyway, I'm back and trying to force myself to get some work done. Wish me luck on that end.

No comments: