Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Oooh, I'm on MT Stars' shit list

Ha ha, who knew trying to be helpful could get me in trouble, I'm such a bad girl.


I like to go to MT Stars when I'm bored and I post quite often, generally just in response to other posters. Well I've started putting a link to my blog down at the bottom where it says URL just in the last week or so since my blog is new and I'm proud of it. Now I've looked all over and can find no rules that says this is a no no but obviously they have a rule somewhere that I'm too blond to find.

This morning I had found the post about the companies that hire newbies so I copied it and took like two hours of my time to find all the links for the companies trying to be helpful. I went over and posted a reply about the original post with a link to my blog post because I didn't think I could have transferred all the links without losing them in the transfer. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

Well the moderator emailed me this morning and said that I was advertising too much and to not put links anymore to my blog. I really was just trying to be helpful but I guess that's not allowed if a link points to anywhere but to their site. Boo to them. I emailed the moderator back and said sorry about that and that I'd stop. I mean I could understand if I was pointing people to an affiliate program or something but I seriously don't think that my little blog is going to steal any of their 15 million page visits or whatever they get a month. Well then the same moderator emailed me AGAIN tonight and said to not post my blog links anymore. Hello, I had already said I wouldn't do it anymore when she emailed me this morning, jeez.

My poor little unloved blog, lol. People in my normal life would laugh if they knew I had gotten in "trouble" since I never get in trouble. Who knew I was such a rebel rule breaker.

Anyway, not too sure what I was advertising, my blog I guess, not that I make any money off of it but whatever. I really wasn't making it annoying, just posted a link where it says to post your URL. Seriously, if they don't want you doing that then they shouldn't have a place to add it, that or they should at least have a rules and regs page or something.
I feel like going over and posting my blog link a couple hundred times to see if I could actually get banned, now THAT would be funny. Maybe I should start a campaign and get everyone I know to start posting a link to my blog, I wonder if the moderator would email everyone one by one, he he. God I'm evil.
Okay, I'm just bitching here, I actually still like MT Stars and think it's a great place to visit if you can get past all the negative post trolls, just hits me as funny that my little blog would be on a shit list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got the moderator who thinks she's a God. Try another moderator. I've dealt with two over there, and one was completely awful. The other was great. Last I checked there were four moderators. Which one did you have? I can guess, but I'll let you say it so as not to sway your judgement.

Bloggin' Momma said...

Oh it was the bird lady, blue bird or gold bird, whatever. Can't even remember now. I've just sort of quit going and visiting the site, too many grumpy people for my sanity.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh. She's gone. New owner and new moderators. Mostly better over there except that one mod, who seems to like the way things were before and runs the site that way. Admin and the moderator Javabean have been great and always answer and try to help out.