Thursday, June 26, 2008

Have you ever?

I'm so happy to have spellcheck (is that one word or two?), I mean could you imagine the stuff that would go through if spellcheck didn't exist? We'd live in a world of hvaes and hve nots.

Like just now, I had this report that I was spellchecking and it picked up "fo." I type "fo" a lot instead of "of" so I have "fo" in my auto keys so that when I type "fo" it spells out "of" (I just reread that sentence and it sounds totally confusing but I think it makes just enough sense to at least get the gist of what I mean).

Like I said, my auto keys generally pick up "fo" except for, of course, this time. For some reason I had "fo" but the word was supposed to be "or." So where the heck did "fo" come from? Can you tell me because I sure have no clue why I had "fo" instead of "or." The only thing I can think of is the computer had typed (it was an ASR report) out for and I was going to delete the f but instead deleted the r. That's the likely scenario, although I've found that I'm usually a pretty unlikely type of person so chances are I for some odd reason typed "fo."

Thank goodness for spellcheck....can I get an amen to that???

Speaking of spell check, there's a spell check site here that if you put in something in it will spell check the entire thing. You can enter up to 20,000 characters so you could probably fit a pretty good item in there. Kind of cool if you don't, for some odd reason, have your own spell check.

No comments: