Monday, June 9, 2008

Are rats supposed to have shots?

Isn't it amazing the things you can learn by doing medical transcription?

Aside from the various medical things you can learn, there's also the many non-medical things that make you scratch your head and go "hmmm, really?"

Things like I didn't know pop bottles and hair brushes could go "there" and who knew you could get herpes on your fingers, you know, the really important things.

Like this morning I'm doing this report where a kid got bit by a pet rat and the mom said, "oh he's had all his shots," the rat, not the kid. I wasn't aware that rats required shots. I mean I raised rats growing up and never once had any of them to the vet let alone got any of them shots. I guess I should just be glad they never bit anyone.

Any of you ever learn something interesting from MT that you probably wouldn't have learned in normal life, something nonmedical?

No comments: