Thursday, May 22, 2008

Where the heck did summer go?

Well it's not quite summer yet but still where the hell did it go? We had 95 degree weather for a couple of days (I'm still suffering from the sunburn) and it was announced by our weatherman that summer had finally arrived. Then bam, it's like 45 degrees today, the wind is howling like a banshee, and it's cloudy gray out, threatening to storm. Where the heck did the heat go?

My office is a converted back porch with very little if any insulation. I'm surrounded by space heaters which produce just enough heat to warm my feet. Today is the kids' last day of school and so it seems so odd to have this kind of weather, I should be wearing tank tops and flip flops, not sweats and scarves.

Oh well, I suppose soon enough I'll be whining about the heat and dreaming of winter snow so I guess I should just shut up and work.

{The photo above is from Wassenaar Daily Blog, you should visit, their site is awesome. They also have a travel blog here. It's also awesome.}

No comments: