Monday, May 19, 2008

What year of medical school do they teach counting?

Why oh why can't some doctor's count? I mean seriously, it's not a hard concept. If it's too terrible hard I would think a piece of paper with the numbers written on it in front of you should be sufficient to jog your memory. I mean I have a little piece of paper taped to my desk with the alphabet on it so I don't have to stop and go m,n,o,p, q, r....trust me it helps in a lot of situations, and yes, I'm blond.


I hate when I do a report, especially speech recognition because it doesn't catch it, when the doctor cannot count. He/she'll go from 1 to 3 and then back to 2 then say 2 again then 5, 6, 4, 7, 8, 10, 10, 10, 3. I understand that they have a lot on their minds what with saving lives and all, but if you can't count then don't, just say next or paragraph or whatever, don't number because when you number incorrectly it forces me to think and I really, really hate to have to think, it messes up my flow of typing.

This has been a public service announcement by your friendly neighborhood MT. Thank you for listening.

No comments: