Thursday, May 29, 2008

Today is a good day

Ka-ching, that's the sound of my paycheck, yay.

I've worked for MQ for nearly nine years and each time I've gotten a new supervisor, which unfortunately (or sometimes fortunately depending on the case) has been often, I've asked for a raise. I've stated my case and requested that they please look into getting me some more money. I'm always nice about it, which is probably my biggest problem, and I never bugged, another problem, but in the end I never got my desired pay increase.

I've had my newest supervisor for maybe six months to a year and she's great, very nice and helpful. Last night she sent me an email saying my QA audit had been 99.some odd percent and she was putting in for my raise. And the sky opened up and the sun shone, yay. Can I hear a hallelujah??? Louder please, this time with hands raised to the sky.

I'm not sure how much it will be and honestly I don't care, it's just the fact that after all these years I'll finally be recognized and get what I should have gotten a long time ago, even if it was just a cost of living raise or a raise for sticking with it for nearly nine years, any reason is a good reason for a raise.

Anyway, I'm happy now and can feel my spiteful feelings about the lack of a pay increase melting away.
Thank you best supervisor ever, I'll be sending a Christmas card your way when that time comes.

No comments: