Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sad, Sad

Barbara Blackburn held the title for world's fastest typist. She typed using the Dvorak method which is said to be a much more typist-friendly way of doing things. I've personally typed using this (you can change your keyboard to type Dvorak, you don't have to buy any special equipment), but I could never get proficient enough in it to stick with it. Barbara Blackburn could type using Dvorak at 212 words per minute. That's so smokin'. She was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for a decade until the category was removed.


I just read an article in which it said Barbara died in April of 2008. How sad. I wish I could have seen her type. I've been hunting around for a video of her typing but haven't been able to find one. I will post one if I ever find it.

No comments: